Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Flash Paper

Flash Paper

I’ve had to step aside today.
Say goodbye to someone so special.
The connection an implosion.
Flash paper, pure and bright and intense.
The kind of thing destined to leave a mark.
That sweet nostalgic poisoning.

The leaving is good, from a pure place.
Grief that comes not bitter discontent, but selfish daydreams.
Weird to leave without anger, without resentment.
So strange the longing without feeling betrayed.

Can’t allow myself to need someone who doesn’t need me, back.
The world is a little brighter today, and a little more in shadow.
I have the words, the voice, the memory.
The addiction is severed, it’s not heartache, but the come-down flu.

Everyone is optional, even me.
It’s not rejection.
The choice was perfect fantasy or a prefect reality.

No comments: