Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Back Into The Mist

Hurt me and I’ll need you
Because I live that kind of pain
I will celebrate this emo
And go driving in the rain

Doing 90 and it’s midnight there
Screaming my favorite pissed off song
Having confessed your true importance
When I was nothing all along

You shrug your shoulders, stupefied
Saying pain was not your goal
But you knew what you were doing
When you tore into my soul

This kind of desperation
That I’m seeing in myself
Is strictly something coming from
Being put up on a shelf

I know you can appreciate
That I love how strong I feel
But each new time you blow me off
The pain is much too real

Fingers dial, baited breath
‘Should I even have made the call?’
Rejoice the anguish when you cut
With words I knew would fall

So, yeah, I AM pathetic
And this connection is a crime
But I still can’t help but wonder
How I became not worth your time

You asked me for my servitude
And I give it gratefully
Do your tasks with humble heart
Just so you’ll look at me

Hurt me and I’ll need you
Because I live that kind of pain
I will celebrate this emo
And go driving in the rain

Some day I’ll gain perspective
Grow a pair, and walk away
But even if that time does come
I’ll wish you’d just ask me to stay

No comments: